» » US Top 10 Schools with best Student placement Outcomes

US Top 10 Schools with best Student placement Outcomes

Relation of Job-Placement with the Reputation of Educational Institution

Job placement is subordinate to and dependent on the reputation, high esteem and educational quality of the educational institutions. If the educational institutions bear the honor of having remarkable performance and laurels, then the job placement opportunities for the students of such Schools, colleges and universities are likely to be abundant. However, with the terms of situation reversed, the educational institutions having less remarkable standings bear low job placement rates for its students.

Duty of students

It is a noblesse oblige of students to find out schools, colleges or universities that offer great deals complementing high student placement outcomes. There are many educational institutions that imperatively reckon good relationships with multiple employers in order to pave a way for student career success. Students engaging with such institutions are less likely to face impedances in job placements.

What does Placement Rate depict?

Placement usually manifests the activities of alumni after graduation. It is construable in context of full-time employment and continued education (i.e. the graduates who contiguously embarked other educational programs). The placement rate may depict the whole institution or otherwise the placement rate is derived for the individual programs.

Determinants of Placement Rates:

Alumni and student surveys are conducted as well as information is gathered from the career advisors in order to determine the placement opportunities for the students of particular schools or universities. Partaking in these surveys is voluntary, so the placement survey is based on the traffic of people who respond. The prospective students must pay heed to the placement opportunities attached to the schools, colleges and universities and this trait must be in the check list while undertaking a comparison of various schools.

The recruiters also assign the rankings to the students of particular schools. These rankings are likely to provide information about the top schools verified by recruiters which impliedly means that these schools bear higher placement opportunities for the students.


List of best US Schools whose Graduates were Top-Ranked by the Recruiters



Name About Enrollments
(Undergraduate)
Tuition
(2010-2011)
Pennsylvania State University
The Pennsylvania state University has students enrolled in about 160 majors. The diversity of students is comprised of 46% females and 54% males and they represent 50 states and 161 countries. The university bears the average student faculty ratio of 17:1. 38,630 In-state: $15,250
Out-of-state: $27,114
Texas A&M University
The Texas A&M University has 10 individual colleges and the university boasts more than 800 student organizations which range from athletics and recreation to community and professional services. 38,810 In-state: $8,387
Out-of-state: $22,817
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign confers more than 150 majors and it has about 1000 student organizations. The diversity of students represents 50 states and 118 countries with 46% females and 54% males. 31,209 In-state: $13,658-$18,386
Out-of-state: $27,800-$32,528
Purdue University
About 62% students at Purdue University belong to states and the remaining 38% belong to other regions. The University confers more than 200 majors and it has about 850 student organizations along with 18 intercollegiate sports teams. 29,851 In-state: $9,070-$10,408
Out-of-state: $26,622-$27,960
Arizona State University
The Arizona State University’s west campus is famous for its professional and liberal arts programs. The polytechnic campus puts focus on innovation and technology. The Tempe campus is famous for research-based programs. 54,277 In-state: $8,132
Out-of-state: $20,296
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor confers more than 200 learning programs and various research opportunities. The university bears the honor of commencing more than 150 first-year seminars for a range of 15-18 students per seminar. The number of living alumni is 400,000. 26,208 In-state: $11,837
Out-of-state: $36,001
Georgia Institute of Technology
The Georgia Institute of technology consists of 9 schools and 2 out-reach campuses in Savannah and France. The student diversity consists of 64% males and 36% females. About 60% belong to Georgia, 30% students come from out of state and the remaining 10% are international students. 13,515 In-state: $8,716
Out-of-state: $26,926
University of Maryland, College Park
The University of Maryland, College Park consists of 13 schools and colleges. The university confers 127 undergraduate majors. The student diversity consists of 67% in-state students and the remaining 33% come from out of state. 47% students are females and the rest 53% are males. 26,542 In-state: $8,415.44
Out-of-state: $24,830.44
University of Florida
The University of Florida consists of 16 colleges and more than 150 research centers. It bears the honor of having a freshmen retention rate of 94%. About 97% students come from the state and the remaining 3% are from out of state. The student consists of 60% women and 40% men. 36,386 In-state: $5,045
Out-of-state: $27,322
Carnegie Mellon University
The Carnegie Mellon University is comprised of 7 schools and colleges. Only 17% of the total students belong to the state. The remaining 83% students come from out of state. The university bears the honor of having a faculty ratio of 10:1. 6,023 Tuition (2010-2011): $42,136

Source: Wall Street Journal

Non-availability of ample job opportunities

Owing to a widespread decline in GDP and economic stagnancy there are reduced employment opportunities. Job opportunities do not seem to be ample because of increased competition in the market. The students strive arduously in order to find reasonable jobs. Students seem to be disquieted and distressed because of less job opportunities available in the market.

Educational Investment

The education in itself is a big investment requiring a lot of cash outflow. Some students also seek student loans in order to meet the enormous expenses of education. However, if education is regarded as an investment, then the students also look forward to the return on that investment. The return on investment is likely to be harvested by having good job placements.

Hence, it is important to scrutinize the placement rates of various schools in order to make informed decisions regarding the pursuance of particular schools for earning education.


Search AskForEducation

Follow AskForEducation