Earn Film Production Programs from Top Schools, Learn More!
Earn your film production program. Request Info!
Film & Cinema Production Career OutlookSome of the careers, a cinema production degree hold can opt are:
- Assistant directors and production assistants
- Electrical, lighting, and sound workers
- Makeup, hair, and wardrobe workers
- Actor, director, producer
- Sound editor, Composers and designers
- Jobs in Major film studios & Television studios
- Movie critic
- Special effects advisor
- Casting director
- Producers and directors: 3%
- Film and video editors: 1%
- Camera operators: 6%
Expected SalaryThe salary varies by degree level, years of experience and the specific job segment within film production industry.
As par U.S. Bureau of Statistics in May 2013, the median hourly salaries are as.
- Producers: $33.40
- Writers: $27.77
- Archivists: $23.61
- Producers and directors is $92,390
- Film and video editors is $64,060
- Camera operators is $49,010
|Occupation||Employment||Median hourly wage|
|Audio and video equipment technicians||12,840||$20.37|
|Producers and directors||10,540||29.12|
|Writers and authors||3,770||28.5|
|Music directors and composers||2,840||26.07|
|Set and exhibit designers||2,760||18.69|
|Multimedia artists and animators||1,390||28.8|
|Hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists||670||11.9|
|Film and video editors||540||30.33|
|Makeup artists, theatrical and performance||310||23.3|
source: Bureau of labour statistics on film production
Film Production Classes at HomeStudents are now given privilege to enjoy earning film production degree at home. Accredited schools and colleges have now started offering film and cinema production classes online. This helps working professionals to start a new career and to enhance production skills, while maintain the current job.
Earn Accredited Cinema Production DegreeEach state has regional accreditation bodies for film schools, colleges and universities, along with national accrediting bodies to accredit a school, based on certain standards and quality education.
All film schools listed on AskForEducation.com are regionally and nationally accredited by different accrediting bodies, approved by US department of education, the Council for Higher Education Association (CHEA), and the Association of Specialized and Professional Accreditors (ASPA).
National bodies for accrediting film schools
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
Regional agencies for cinema production schools
- Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE)
Film Production Training Courses
|Degree Level||Courses Taught|
|Associate degree courses
||Introductory film technology
Digital media and motion graphics
Introduction to film lighting
|Bachelor in cinema production courses
Sound for film
Digital editing and post-production
|Master in film production courses
Visual design and story boarding
|Doctoral degrees in film studies||Editing techniques
Basics of post-production
Set management and production
Financial AidEach school operating has specific set of state and federal financial aid options for selected students, including loans, grants, scholarships etc. All schools listed with AskForEducation offers financial aid to students in some form, and eligible to accept FAFSA.
Learn more by requesting info from universityStudents are encouraged to request information from more than one school, this helps them to to get informed decision about program cost, academic calendar, financial aid possibilities, and credit transfer possibilities (if any credits previously earned or to shift from one institute to another).
While search for schools with AskForEducation, we offer our visitors two benefits over other websites.
- FREE information request from any short listed school(s)
- Do not worry about school accreditation, as we have already worked hard to maintain lists of only accredited institute. Also, we keep on updating lists to make sure only accredited schools are shown to the students.