Following is the list of approvals regarding the different programs which are commenced by Kaplan University.
Following are the stats of the Academic Report 2009-2010.
- The university awarded degrees to 9729 students in the year 2009-2010.
- 12% of the total students enrolled in the campus programs while remaining 88% students enrolled in online degree programs.
- Kaplan is a military-amicable institution. 17% students are engaged in military activities directly or indirectly.
- In order to measure or assess the outcome of almost every course/program, the University’s course-level assessment function provides an exclusive framework.
- The graduate survey said that 80% of the students would like to refer Kaplan University to others.
- 90% of the students reported in the survey that they received the education relevant to their careers.
Community events and programs
In order to serve the community Kaplan University holds partnerships with the following:
- The Urban League of Broward County.
- Children’s Home Society, Broward and Palm Beach County divisions.
- United Way.
In addition to this, the staff and faculty members of Kaplan become a part of different community programs and various organizations as volunteers. These include the following:
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Operation Troop Appreciation
- Chicago Cares Serve-A-Thon
- The Kaplan University Charity Golf Classic
- Toys for Tots
Kaplan University facts:
- About 75% of the total students are women. This percentage is far above as compared to other universities in America where on average about 57% students are women.
- More than 55% students are adult learners. The University does special arrangements to meet the needs of adult learners.
- The total number of campus based and online students is 53000.
- For the military personnel, the Kaplan University offers about 55% fee reduction in tuition. This discount percentage is 38% for veterans. Plus for undergraduate-online programs a 10% discount is given to the military spouses.
- Total faculty members = 4500
- Faculty members holding Doctoral degrees = 38%
- Faculty members holding advanced degrees = 98%
- The university manages exclusive virtual communities which include about 30 honor societies, student associations and professional clubs.
- The campus named as ‘Hagerstown MD’ relishes the gratitude of 70 years of experience.