More on Iowa Central College
Mission: Iowa Central Community College commits to educational excellence by providing affordable, accessible, adaptable, community-centered programs and learning-centered activities within and beyond the classroom.
Following right on the mission statement, Iowa Central is the right place for students looking for a strong foundation before moving on to another college for a bachelors to masters degree program. Diplomas and Certificates ranging across a vast pool of functional areas are offered to people who are already admist there working career and want to enhance their capabilities and knowledge base. This is a good place to start off your initial education with options of attending early semesters and earn a diploma or carry on with further semesters to get an Associate of Arts/Sience/Applied Science degree. Convenience to students and flexibility of scheduling are two benefits of distance learning courses offered here while Instructional Centers are established at three different locations: Fort Dodge Center, Storm Lake Center and Webster City Center. General adult courses can be customized to meet the needs of small groups of individuals to best serve a particular area of interest. As for the housing, Iowa Central Residence Halls provide the students with an environment that is conductive to educational and social growth. If you are going in for online courses called FlexNet courses, the college has a technology based system iNet backed by a strong feedback and control mechanism of highly skilled faculty. For a complete experience involving a perfect blend of technology-based flexibility, quality of education and a balanced campus life, Iowa Central is the institute you should go for.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association
- August 1967 College granted Federal Fund Eligibility
- August 1969 College granted Correspondent Status
- March 1971 College granted Recognized Candidate for Accreditation Status
- July 1973 College became Candidate for Accreditation under the new policy
- March 1974 College granted Accredited Status
- July 1979 Accreditation reaffirmed
- June 1984 Accreditation reaffirmed
- June 2001 Accreditation reaffirmed
- September 2002 College granted Associate of Arts Degree Online
- July 2005 College granted Associate of Science &
- The ADN program is approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- The program in dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- The Iowa Central Community College Medical Assistant Diploma Program on the Fort Dodge campus is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- The Medical Laboratory Technician Program is accredited by the NAACLS, National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science
- The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Computer networking
- Criminal justice
- Human services
- Logistics and transportation
- Adult literacy
- Industrial technology
- Language art, humanitites, social sciences
- Hassle-free 100% online Associate degree
- Not-for-profit Organization
- User-friendly programs
- Multiple course attendance possible
- Various Financial assistance available
- Strict policies regarding Discrimination/Harassment/Drugs
- Minimum student strength per class
- Fort Dodge Center
- Student Success Center
- Gymnasium/Computer Labs/Apartments/cafeteria/auditorium
- Comprehensive Arts & Science Transfer programs
- Iowa Central Telecommunication Network (ICTN)
- Flexlab Courses
- Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalency Preparation
- Military Service Policy
- Iowa Central Honor Society
- Federal Pell Grant
- Academic Competitive Grant
- Student must be Pell Grant eligible.
- Enrolled half-time seeking a degree or diploma.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federally funded gift aid administered by Iowa Central.
- Work Study
- Part-time work opportunities.
- Federally or State funded, Iowa Central administered.
- Iowa Vocational-Technical Grant
- Iowa Grant
- Federal Direct Student Loan
- Federal Plus Loan
- Various businesses, organizations and individuals donate money to Iowa Central for the purpose of Financial Aid to students.
- Veterans’ Benefits
- Most areas of study at Iowa Central have been approved for veterans education benefits.
- Additional Aid